Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
“When schools and families work together to support learning, students do better in school and in life, parents become empowered, teacher morale improves, schools get better and communities grow stronger”, according to the National Coalition for Parent Involvement in Education and that is what has been the goal of ISSD PTO.
We have been working diligently to create a strong network of parents so that our children can have a well rounded and fulfilling experience at school. We constantly update parents about upcoming events via emails and have a vibrant whatsapp group where mothers can exchange info, share concerns, ask questions, provide answers, and so on in an informal setting.
We have successfully provided our children with after school activities such as biweekly Taekwondo classes and Nasheed club. We have continued Wednesday Activity Day to make lunch time fun by providing games, activities, and Inshallah we are also looking into other activities that can be added to this list for the next school year.
We have had successful bake sales and smoothie sale and have also done outside fundraising with Yogurtland and Souplantation. We are making progress and inshallah we will have more bake sales and outside fundraisers planned before end of this school year.
We constantly provide support to our teachers who are the backbone of our school by helping them with supplies or in organizing class/school events.
Of course all this won’t have been possible without the support of dedicated parents! ISSD PTO thanks all its’ volunteers in helping us to provide the best possible opportunities and experiences to our children. Please join us by simply emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The objectives of this association are:
1. To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and community
2. To raise the standards of home life
3. To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the training of the child
4. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for every child the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
To connect and stay up to date with PTO, join the ISSD PTO Google group:
1. Click here
2. If not already signed into Google, click on ‘Sign in the view this group’ link
3. Click on ‘Apply for Membership’ link
4. Fill out preferences and click on ‘Apply to this group’ button