Since its inception in 2010, the ISSD Robotics Club partakes in two competitions at the regional and international levels; FLL (First Lego League, 32,000 teams from around the world) and Botball (90% of the teams are high school teams). Teams train during study hall time and after school. Students are judged on core values, robot performance, research/solution involving a real-world problem, and an oral presentation. The purpose of the club is to stimulate and encourage students to pursue their interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
Students in the Robotics Club:
1. Create innovative solutions to challenges facing today’s scientists.
2. Strategize, design, build, program and test an autonomous robot using LEGO EV3 technology.
3. Apply real-world math and science concepts.
4. Develop career and life skills.
5. Become involved in their local and global community.
6. Develop leadership skills.
7. Build self-esteem and confidence
This year’s awards:
Last year’s awards: