Drop off, Dismissal, After School Care
Tardiness (Late arrival)
- Students must arrive at school between 7:30 AM – 7:50 AM The day begins with a short morning assembly.
- It is illegal to leave your children unsupervised; therefore, parents must not drop students off at school before 7:30 AM before the morning monitor is on duty to supervise. The school gate will remain closed until this time. It can only be opened by the morning monitors who will begin supervising at 7:30 AM.
- Students not in their seats at 8:00 AM will be considered tardy.
- Parents must inform the office each day that their child has an excused tardy and provide a reason. Tardies are excused only for student illness, severe injury, or death in the immediate family, although ISSD may consider unforseen circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Whenever possible, doctor appointments must be scheduled for after school hours.
Early Arrival/Late Pick-up/After School care
- Your children will be supervised by school staff between 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM Monday through Thursday, and on Friday from 7:30 AM to 1:15 PM.
- After school care may be available at a rate of $2.00 /each 15 minute increment, per child, Monday through Friday, until 5:00 PM.
- It is not permitted to leave your child in the afterschool program after 5:00 P.M. A penalty Fee of $5.00 per child, per 15 minute increment, will be applied for any student remaining in after school care after 5:00 PM.
- For safety reasons parents must not let students stay at the school unsupervised. PARENT COOPERATION IN THE MATTER OF SUPERVISION IS MANDATORY.
- Students will be released to those whose names were provided on the authorized pickup list, including siblings if they are of driving age and will be leaving the premises.
- Students will be dismissed from the playground area Monday – Thursday and on Short Days unless otherwise noted. On Friday, dismissal is from the classroom. Please do not try to conference with the teacher at this time as the teacher needs to attend to the dismissal of the entire class. In addition, the discussion will not be private. Call the school office to have your child’s teacher contact you within 24 hours to discuss your needs.
- The Islamic Center does not allow children to be left unattended. ISSD Students must stay with parents/authorized pick up until they leave the premises and should not be on the playground without supervision after school hours.
- Students not picked up by 3:40 (1:30 Friday) will be taken to the after school program. Parents will be billed monthly for use of this service at a rate of $2.00 / each 15 minute increment, per child.
Parents who must pick up a student before the regular dismissal time must:
- Obtain an Early Release Form in the school office.
- Show the release form to the child’s teacher.
- The teacher will release your child to you.